Ages 10 – 15 yrs
“Action Plus” is the best way to describe the life of a Scout.
3rd Bathurst (All Saints Cathedral) Scout Troop meets on Wednesday nights for 2 hours.
Don’t just talk about what you can do!
Get stuck in…
Scouts is one of the best kept secrets for young people aged 11 – 15 and no wonder! It is the biggest and most successful youth organisation in Australia – not to mention the world – with thousands of boys and girls enjoying an almost unlimited range of activities. And there’s always room for more!
Don’t get lost!
As a scout you’ll receive expert instruction in a wide variety of outdoor skills, together with the all important basic theory to make sure you don’t get lost and can deal with life’s emergencies.
You’ll go on camps with a few friends or join thousands of boys and girls for fun and adventure at a national Jamboree.
Your confidence will build and you’ll learn how to make decisions and work as part of a team. In a small group called a Patrol, an older, more experienced Scout will be your Patrol Leader and help develop your skills. Weekly meetings are held to build up skill levels, play games and have fun and plan for weekend adventures. You’ll quickly become familiar with equipment and the right way to use it.
Scouts are provided with the opportunity for personal growth through challenging, interesting activities that meet their needs. Scouting encourages hobbies, interests and skills and helps to develop leadership and a sense of achievement.
Scout Troop and Patrol activities
Trained Leaders and Assistants volunteer their time to run Scout Troops.
- Weekly meetings – plan weekend adventures, work as a team, have a say in decision making, become a Patrol Leader or Assistant Patrol Leader and help plan the Scout Program.
- Training Scheme Activities – Scouts are exposed to a huge range of activities based on adventure and personal interests, such as abseiling, caving, watching the sun rise, hiking, photography, orienteering, performance arts, operating amateur radio, bush survival skills, tying and using knots, learn about water safety, camping and cooking.
- Jamborette – an overnight camp where Scouts from around the Region can meet.
- State Rally – run each year in August to provide the opportunity for Scouts all over NSW to attend as a Patrol, hiking between four main activity centres around Cataract Scout Park.
- Jamboree – held every three years, this 10 day camp is the ultimate Scout adventure where thousands of Scouts from around Australia and overseas meet for outdoor activities, challenges and entertainment.
- Leadership course – a two-day course designed to provide suitable leadership skills for Scouts, based on understanding the Patrol System and the Scout Award Scheme, leadership, problem solving and task management, citizenship, and planning/programming.
- Family adventures – the whole family is encouraged to get involved with Scout activities like canoeing, bike riding and camps.
On my honour I promise that I will do my best to do my duty to my God and to (the Queen of) Australia, to help other people, and, to live by the Scout Law.
A Scout is trustworthy
A Scout is loyal
A Scout is helpful
A Scout is friendly
A Scout is cheerful
A Scout is considerate
A Scout is thrifty
A Scout is courageous
A Scout is respectful
A Scout cares for the environment
Contact our Group Leader David McInroy on 0497 198 608